Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mission Hill Morning

Five AM, I wake to screams
the neighbor's house bursting from within.
The fire reaching upwards and out,
as orange flames do at such an hour
against fresh eyes.
The sky, billowing black above,
that darkness of smoke rushing towards
the morning light.

Meanwhile, my eyes meet down left of the scene.
Downtown, a gold building that the sun can't resist,
is ablaze too,
the top half of the high rise flaring yellow.
The two structures conversing in light,
one true in its burning.
The city, begging to meet the day.

Written by Alexandra Ustach

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I found you through the Rugby Ralph Lauren Poets Club. Thanks for the great work and inspiring quotes/lyrics/etc that can be found here. I recently relocated to LA from NYC where I was living in the West Village and working in fashion and art. If you ever get the chance, please check out my blog at http://www.likeapaperdoll.blogspot.com as I am just looking to connect with like-minded individuals from all around.

    ReplyDelete